COVID-19 Safety Rules
For everybody’s safety, we are putting in the following rules regarding our classes. Although they may be slightly inconvenient, we place your safety first. We know that our students are good people and considerate of others, and nobody wants to take the risk of getting others ill, even if they are asymptomatic. By signing up for classes and/or socials, you agree to follow all the rules listed below.
- Everybody who enters the training facility is required to wear masks at all times inside the training facility as needed by provincial law. Masks must be worn properly over your mouth AND nose. If you need to take it off for any reason, you may do so outside.
- Class times have been separated by 15 minutes. This will give time for one class to leave, the instructors time to clean the facility, then the next class to come in. Please do not enter the training facility more than 5 minutes before your class starts.
- Everybody will be given an area of the room for them to work in with their dog and will be expected to remain socially distanced while within the training facility.
4. To limit the amount of people in the facility, there will be a limit of two adults per dog in the training facility. Children under 18 are not permitted in the building unless special permission has been given by the instructor.
5. We are implementing the Restrictions Exemption Program, which means that every person who comes into the training facility must provide photo identification and either proof of vaccination, proof of a negative test within the last 72 hours, or proof of a medical exemption. Please provide proof of vaccination from this government site, which is the express records access and only takes a minute. For proof of negative tests, please note that you will need to provide a test within 72 hours every time you enter the training facility, which means a different negative test must be provided each week for classes and socials. These tests must follow the government rules, which can be found at the website linked above, including the proper paper copy must be presented and not just a picture of it. For proof of medical exemption, it must be the original, signed by a physician or nurse practitioner. Please make sure you go through the laws and arrive with the proper paperwork to keep from missing classes.
We train with a dedicated focus on engagement: when your bond with your dog is mutually rewarding for both dog and owner, it is incredible what you can accomplish. From fun tricks to life saving safety skills, this type of training can achieve it all. Engagement training effectively creates a strong drive in your dog for what he loves most…YOU! This is a process and results in a deep connection between you and your dog that makes skill development easier, more fun and deeply seated. We use treat rewards, toy rewards and the reward of partnership to achieve this deep bond that results from engagement. Our classes are fun for owners and dogs and we celebrate the progress of each team on their own merit. All of our training is based on whole science, is not compulsory or permissive.
What To Bring
- 6 foot leash
- Bait / treat bag with your dog’s favourite treats cut into small pieces
- Indoor shoes are mandatory (sandals, open toed shoes, or open back shoes are not allowed due to safety concerns)
If you miss a class, we rarely have an issue getting you caught up during the next class. If you prefer to have a private catch up class, it can be arranged on Saturday afternoons at $25.00 (plus GST). Please contact your instructor as soon as possible to book one.
Cost & Payment
All classes are $225.00 (plus GST) and payment is required to hold your spot. Sessions are refundable up to 10 days before classes begin. A $50.00 administrative fee will be charged. Payments can be made by cash, cheque (made out to Twilla Boyce), or e-transfer (please contact for information).